Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The fourth element of self-confidence

The fourth element of self-confidence, awareness.

Imagine this, you are in a room full of traps and dangerous, the light is off and you have your eyes closed!

What would happen to you?

Yes, you would fall into one of the traps in there.

It’s the same thing with confidence, when you are not aware of what you are doing and where you are heading, then you are simply hurting yourself and you will definitely fall into some nasty stuff.

The self-esteem writer Nathanial Brandon puts awareness as the first element of having high self-esteem, if you are not aware of your actions and where you are heading, then no matter what you do and what you achieve, you are always going to feel low self-esteem.

This is the same thing as with self-confidence, if you are not aware of yourself and your actions, then you are not confident.

It’s the fourth element!

How to become aware of what you are doing?

You start by having like a third eye looking at you, in other words you turn off the autopilot in you that’s designing your life and future.

For example, in the past I used to get into fights with people al the time, I was the angry impatient type of guy, I used to being problems to my friends too who were with me.

After knowing about this element, I started notice what I was doing and I started seeing that I am the person responsible for all my troubles and issues with other people.

I remember one day I was waiting in line in the bank, I needed to withdraw some cash.

The line was a bit long when all of a sudden, a man came and stood right near the bank worker, he didn’t look at al the people in line and he took a check, started writing in it and when the bank worker finished with a client, he gave him his check as if he was waiting there before everyone else.

The people in line seemed to be outrageous but didn’t speak; they only mumbled something about this behavior.

I was fourth in line, I went to the bank worker, knocked on the glass and told him that he just came and were were in line first.

The bank worker looked at me, looked at all the people in line and said to the man “sir, please wait for your turn” while giving him his check.

That guy was looking at me as if he was going to kill me!

I looked calmly and returned to my position.

When he was returning to the back of the line, that man said to me “I was here before you!”

In the past, I’d have been very nasty and angry about such a thing and I’d have yelled a bit and even became a bit reddish, but not now, I simply told him: “ok!” and I waited.

He was terribly angry, but me, I was terribly calm and very self-assured.

To myself, I became a hero that day.

The fifth element is choosing your image.

This is what I’m going to talk to you about tomorrow.

Bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment