Monday, February 20, 2012

The third element

The third element of becoming confident with people is to have some self-respect.

I’m going to tell you this little story from my own life.

Some years ago, about five years, I used to be a very low self-confidence guy; I would even go home and cry when things didn’t work out.

One day, a friend brought a friend with him to my house, we started talking and sharing some opinions.

My friend’s friend was a bullying guy and soon after just talking to him for half an hour, he was trying to make me look like a fool.

I remember one moment I told them my opinion on an issue and my friend’s friend bursted in a loud shout at me telling me that I’m a fool for believing such a thing and I should be ashamed of myself!!!

The opinion I’ve said is that those people in prisons should be liberated and given another chance.

That’s all!

But to that person, he had a totally different opinion.

Back then I didn’t have self-respect for myself and I just looked at him not knowing what to say or do.

It was very strange.

This is just a small example of low self-respect.

The best definition you can have for self-respect is the ability to stand for yourself.

If you can’t stand for yourself, then you are definitely not going to have self-confidence.

How do you acquire self-respect?

You just start valuing yourself and defining yourself whenever you feel a danger coming to you.

You don’t have to beat people or start shouting at them, all you can do to defend yourself is to look them in the eyes and say to them calmly that they should behave in a different manner with you.

That’s all.

The next element of self-confidence, the fourth one is awareness.

Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment